- Copy of basic contract from client.
- Copy of supplemental documents from client.
- Date work completed (not including correction of complaints): _________________________________
- Do we have a copy of contractor’s notice to owner? ____________________________________
- Do we have the signed consent if residential?______________________________________
- Order letter report from title company._________________________________________
- Venue: (County where real estate is located):______________________________________
- If we are subcontractor, deadline for Notice of Lien. (Does it fall on Saturday or Sunday?): (At least 10 days before the lien is filed – deadline is 169 days after last work)___________________________________
- Deadline for filing Lien – 180 days after the last work. (Does it fall on Saturday or Sunday?____________
- Deadline for suit on Lien: 180 days after the lien is filed:_________________________________
- Is the defendant or any party a corporation, limited liability company or partnership? If so:
12. Identify all parties with an interest, deeds of trust, or other mechanic’s liens on the property other than the owner?
13. We need a detailed accounting of labor, by date, time spent, cost and nature of the work, and detailed accounting of all materials (date, cost and nature).
14. Legal Description of realty:_____________________________________________________________
15. Notice Given: BY:____________________________________
All deed of trust holders added:________________________________________________________
All other mechanic’s liens researched and added:__________________________________________
16. Serve Interrogatories, Request for Production of Documents, and Requests for Admissions.
17. Examine all other liens for any deficiencies to be challenged.
18. Schedule depositions?
Use of this Web Site and review of this Article does not create an attorney- client relationship. The law and its application by the courts is constantly evolving and changing. As with all memoranda in these archives, the discussion of the law is for general informational purposes, is in general summary form, is not to be taken as a definitive guide, and should not be relied upon to determine all fact situations. Each set of facts must be examined separately with the current case and statutory law analyzed and applied accordingly.